Re: DBI, savepoints, transactions, and AutoCommit -- NOT A BUG

From: Daniel Staal <DStaal(at)usa(dot)net>
To: felix(at)crowfix(dot)com, PGSQL-Novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: DBI, savepoints, transactions, and AutoCommit -- NOT A BUG
Date: 2011-11-03 00:23:09
Lists: pgsql-novice
--As of November 2, 2011 4:53:18 PM -0700, felix(at)crowfix(dot)com is alleged to
have said:

> Well shiver me timbers!  I wrote a sample program ... and it works.  I
> could have sworn I was logging all SQL executed, but it looks like
> something is slipping by.  I've attached the program just to be
> thorough.
>
> Sorry for not discovering before I posted.  You guys get enough noise.

Sometimes you just need a different voice.  ;)  Not a problem, I think.

># !/usr/bin/perl -w

As the Perl guy at my office: You *do* know the difference between this and
'use warnings;', right?  And why the latter is almost always what you want?
(Sorry, it's one of those things I've learned to jump on, as it's often
just Cargo Cult Programming...)

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.