How To Create DATETIME Data Types in A Table

From: "Van Ingen, Lane" <lvaningen(at)ESNCC(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How To Create DATETIME Data Types in A Table
Date: 2005-01-28 20:57:47
Lists: pgsql-novice

I am converting several databases from difference database vendors in PostgreSQL, but I am
finding that PostgreSQL appears to not support this datatype, unlike the other vendors we use.
The DATETIME fields coming from the other databases look like:
'2005-01-27 15:55:04'
How do I get the same effect in Postgres CREATE TABLE statement without losing data?