SQL Performance Guidelines

From: "Van Ingen, Lane" <lvaningen(at)ESNCC(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: SQL Performance Guidelines
Date: 2005-01-26 16:44:45
Lists: pgsql-performance

Does anybody know where I can lay my hands on some guidelines to get best SQL performance
out of PostgreSQL? We are about to get into a project that will be new from the ground up (and\we are using Postgres for the first time). Would like to share some guidelines with developers on best practices
in Postgres? Thanks for your help.