What Do I Need to Get Started with PostreSQL for Win32 (version 8.0)

From: "Van Ingen, Lane" <lvaningen(at)ESNCC(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: What Do I Need to Get Started with PostreSQL for Win32 (version 8.0)
Date: 2005-01-20 20:28:22
Lists: pgsql-novice
I visited the web site and downloaded version 8.0 rc5 for Windows.

Didn't see anything telling me what to download, so I selected what I think I needed from the ftp site:

/binary/win32: took postgresql-8.0.zip  (didn't take the .sig file, don't know what it is)
/dev/doc: not sure what to get here; couldn't read the doc with notepad, it lost a lot of formatting.
    Found a file, and unpacked it as best I could, found I needed something called docbook2man.
    Got the tarball unpacked by a friend. Looks like I need a Unix box to do this, don't have one.
    (see related question at end of message*)
/latest: downloaded none of this directory.
/odbc/versions.full: took most recent date (psqlodbc_07_03_0200.zip)
/pgadm3/release/v1.2.0/: took win32 version
/projects: didn't know if any of this was useful to me or not, didn't take any
/source and /src: assumed I didn't need this unless I wanted to play with program code
/stable-snapshot: didn't download, didn't know what it was for
/v8.00: didn't know what this was, didn't download since I appear to have binary from /binary
/win32: didn't take any of this; as the zip files look like the same name, file size, and date of what I
    downloaded from /binary

QUESTIONS:
Did I get it all?
Anything else I should have to get a basic site up for the first time?
Any other admin tools recommended?
No install instructions found. Where do I start?
* Where can I get the docs for 8.0 without using Unix? Found a PDF for 7.4.2, is that close enough?

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Sean DavisDate: 2005-01-20 20:58:26
Previous:From: AkbarDate: 2005-01-20 17:56:52
Subject: Re: password authentication always failed