Removal of WAL logs

From: "Birchall, Austen" <austen(dot)birchall(at)metoffice(dot)gov(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Removal of WAL logs
Date: 2012-01-04 12:00:56
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi List

I'm on 8.4.5 in WAL mode with a database that has a low transaction rate
and will probably be running nightly backups.

Is there a recommendation for how many WAL logs I should keep on disk in
pg_xlog and also how many to keep on external tape?

Are there any simple scripts/procedures that will mange the WAL logs and
in particular delete them from pg_xlog when they are no longer needed so
that they don't fill up the disk?

Thanks

Austen

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Matthew FosterDate: 2012-01-04 16:36:16