pg_dump and restore - views

From: "Wang, Marcus" <Marcus(dot)Wang(at)team(dot)telstra(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_dump and restore - views
Date: 2006-04-20 02:09:44
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi all,
We've got postgresql 7.4 and a few views. I'm using pg_dump to backup
the database and everything is ok. Recently, we added 5 new views - but
when I restore the dump with psql, out of 5 new views, only 3 is
recreated, 2 are missing. But when I check the dump file - those views
are in the dump, but somehow they are not recreated. While the database
is being restored - I've got error messages for relattioni "view_name"
does not exist.
I even tried with pg_dumpall and still got the same result - any ideas
to troubleshoot?

Thanks