ODBC - User Authentication Failed

From: Matthew <matt(at)ctlno(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: ODBC - User Authentication Failed
Date: 1998-12-28 21:15:29
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hello, I think I am doing something stupid here so hopefully there is a
simple answer.

I just installed RedHat5.2 on a new PC.  It works fine.  I installed all
the PosgreSQL packages.  I performed a createuser so that my account can
access psql.  That worked, I was able to create a new database 'foo' and
connect to it with psql.  I tried from pgaccess and it failed asking if
the -i option was used.  I fixed that, and now I can connect to my
database from pgaccess.  I then went to Windows PC, and tried to connect
using ODBC and the postdrv 6.4.001.  It fails with an error of 'User
Authentication Failed' and that's it.  I have tried granting permissions
and such but nothing seems to make it work.  Is there something that I'm
missing in the setup, or some reason my Windows PC can't connect?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Peter T MountDate: 1998-12-28 23:42:13