PgAccess Problem

From: Matthew <matt(at)ctlno(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: PgAccess Problem
Date: 1998-10-28 19:21:52
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello. I am trying to get PgAccess to work on my system and I'm having
a few problems. Here is what I have done.

I have installed RedHat 5.0 on my P75, I did not install PostgreSQL from
the RedHat CD
I downloaded the lates postgresql source, compiled and installed.
postgresql now works fine. I can connect to it with psql.
I downloaded libpgtcl.so and libpq.so and copied them to the /usr/lib
directory
I exploded the pgaccess files into ~pgaccess
I then ran pgaccess.tcl and this was the output

Error in startup script: couldn't load file "libpgtcl.so: undefined
symbol: crypt
while executing
"load libpgtcl.so"
(procedure "main" line 3)
invoked from within
"main $argc $argv"
(file "./pgaccess.tcl" line 4682)

Please help, do I to define crypt or something?

Thanks in advance,

Matt O'Connor