Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion

From: Claudio Natoli <claudio(dot)natoli(at)memetrics(dot)com>
To: "'Marc G(dot) Fournier'" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>,Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>,Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion
Date: 2004-04-30 03:27:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> >  Win32 has continued on a steady pace for six months now.
>
> Be honest ... 6 months ago, did you believe the Win32 work would have
> taken >6 months?  How many of the current issues could you have
> anticipated?  How many will crop up in the next month?

FWIW, the backend porting effort started less than 5 months ago :-P

What "current issues" are there? The only ones of any significance that
popped up were the APC/socket interactions and the localtime deficiencies,
both of which now appear solved.

Perhaps I will regret saying this but from my point of view, apart from the
fsync/sync code Tom is working on that I am in complete ignorance of, I do
not imagine any new issues in the remaining items required to get win32 to
beta.

Cheers,
Claudio

---