Re: pg_ctl porting

From: Claudio Natoli <claudio(dot)natoli(at)memetrics(dot)com>
To: 'Ronald Kuczek' <kuczek(at)kuczek(dot)pl>,pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_ctl porting
Date: 2004-04-09 05:05:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

> Idea to start postmaster as new console thread is - IMO all except
> productive solution.

I agree, I'd much rather see the Win32 service functions directly integrated
with the postmaster.

Perhaps it was not clear from the code I sent you, however that is exactly
what I had intended (ie. *not* a rewrite of pg_ctl).

> Reload can be handled on Pause/ResumeService.

That is a nice idea, IMHO.

Cheers,
Claudio

---
<a
ailpolicy.html</a>

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date

Next:From: Richard Sydney-SmithDate: 2004-04-09 05:56:14