Re: Win32 signal code - first try

From: Claudio Natoli <claudio(dot)natoli(at)memetrics(dot)com>
To: 'Magnus Hagander' <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>,Claudio Natoli <claudio(dot)natoli(at)memetrics(dot)com>,Merlin Moncure <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers-win32 <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Win32 signal code - first try
Date: 2004-01-11 00:46:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
[oops. I missed this question]

> >1) Named pipe server creates new thread on receipt of signal
> I'm assuming you read the signal number somewhere in between here?
> Before the WriteFile, no?

Yep. The ReadFile section, to pull the signal number, wouldn't change (ie.
just how you've got it), so I didn't bother mentioning it. It would then
fire a thread to do the signal queuing, and, if the thread gets created ok,
WriteFile to release the waiting raise/kill.

Cheers,
Claudio

---
<a
ailpolicy.html</a>

pgsql-hackers-win32 by date

Previous:From: Claudio NatoliDate: 2004-01-11 00:43:32