Re: fork/exec patch: pre-CreateProcess finalization

From: Claudio Natoli <claudio(dot)natoli(at)memetrics(dot)com>
To: 'Tom Lane ' <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>,'Bruce Momjian ' <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: 'Jan Wieck ' <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>,Claudio Natoli <claudio(dot)natoli(at)memetrics(dot)com>,"'''pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org' ' '" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: fork/exec patch: pre-CreateProcess finalization
Date: 2004-01-09 01:04:40
Lists: pgsql-patches
> BTW, how are we going to do cancels in Windows-land?  The sub-postmaster
> isn't gonna have access to the postmaster's list of child PIDs and
> cancel keys ...

Good question (the Win32/EXEC_BACKEND case is #def'd out to issue an
altogether unhelpful abort(), so I know it is there).

The only things I've thought of so far are:
a) sticking the PID/cancel key list in shared mem [yeech]
b) rearranging the entire cancel handling to occur in the postmaster [double
yeech]

Any better ideas?
Claudio
---
<a
ailpolicy.html</a>

pgsql-patches by date

Next:From: Claudio NatoliDate: 2004-01-09 01:12:32