INSERT INTO BUG (bis)

From: mordicus <mordicus(at)free(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: INSERT INTO BUG (bis)
Date: 2001-12-02 18:13:31
Lists: pgsql-general

ok,

PG 7.2b3 / Kernel 2.4.16 /

I have a table named t210

I create a second table with the same shema :

isds=# \d t210
Table "t210"
Column | Type | Modifiers
--------+--------------+-----------
issn | character(9) | not null
ind | character(2) |
a | text |
b | text |
c | text |
Primary key: t210_pkey
Triggers: RI_ConstraintTrigger_40018877

isds=# create table t210_tmp(issn char(9) NOT NULL,ind char(2), a text, b
text,c text);
CREATE
isds=# insert into t210_tmp select * from t210;
INSERT 0 749668
isds=# alter table t210_tmp add primary key(issn);
NOTICE: ALTER TABLE / ADD PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index
't210_tmp_pkey' for table 't210_tmp'
FATAL 2: open of /mnt/oldopt/data//pg_clog/0008 failed: No such file or
directory
before or while processing the request.
The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: NOTICE: Message
from PostgreSQL backend:
The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend
died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
I have rolled back the current transaction and am
going to terminate your database system connection and exit.
Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
Failed.
!#

postgres(at)localhost:~/data > psql isds
isds=# select * from t210_tmp limit 50 offset 50000;
issn | ind | a | b
-----------+-----+----------------------------------------------+------------------+---
0430-0947 | | Aptecn. delo |

1455-0423 | | Apteekin hyllylta |

[SNIP]

isds=# select * from t210_tmp limit 50 offset 500000;
FATAL 2: open of /mnt/oldopt/data//pg_clog/0008 failed: No such file or
directory
before or while processing the request.
The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: Succeeded.

I can send a dump from the table t210 is necessary.

thx