tables invisible to pSQL

From: "Michael Coughlin" <MPCoughlin4(at)Home(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: tables invisible to pSQL
Date: 2001-11-04 00:42:31
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I've noticed that tables, that I created with pgAccess or Microsoft Access,
are NOT visible in
pSQL.

Any attempt in psql to SELECT * FROM tableName;
results in the error:
"Relation 'tableName' does not exist."

I can link from MS Access to the pgAccess tables, just fine. pgaccess can
open the tables, just fine. I'm using the latest version, 7.1.3 of
PostgreSQL. I made sure that the database was not created using "root" and
that I was logged on as another User (which had created the database and
created the tables).

Why? Is there some permissions thing, that I missed?

... any light, that you might shed, would be appreciated,

thanks
Michael Coughlin