How does pg work?

From: Björn Lundin <bjorn(dot)lundin(at)swipnet(dot)se>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How does pg work?
Date: 2001-08-27 19:45:27
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hi!
I'm looking at the ADA interface to Postgres (gnade). A part of it is an
ADA package working as a wrapper to libpq. By looking at the programmer's
guide to libpq, the far most used expression is a call to PQExec. With this
I start a transaction , executes statements and commit/rolback the
transaction. So far I understand. But isn't there a sql-cache somewhere
ready to execute the same statement with other parameters ?
The JDBC interface supports prepared statements. Does libpq do this as
well, and if so, how is that accomplished ?

If there is no support for prepared statements, isn't speed suffering then ?

Björn Lundin

pgsql-interfaces by date