Re: psql from Linux script

From: Bernard <bht(at)actrix(dot)gen(dot)nz>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: marko(at)l-t(dot)ee
Subject: Re: psql from Linux script
Date: 2005-08-30 09:25:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Dear Marko on the Postgresql Mailing List

A whitelist based spam filtering system is simple to understand.
postgresql.org emails get through. Individual member emails may not
get through.

In contrast to what you write, it is actually the list server that is
braindead because it creates messages that have:

- A "To" header value of pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
- A "From" header value of the individual sender.

So when we hit the reply button of our email client then we get the
individual sender where in fact we would prefer to get the list
address pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot) The list server should, if it
was reasonably functional, add a "Reply-to" header with its own
address.

I have subscribed to quite a few mailing lists before, and naturally
the first thing is to add the list server to the white list before I
even subscribe.

The postgresql.org server is the only braindead list server I have
seen so far.

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:24:45 +0300, marko wrote:

>[This guy has prove-you-arent-bot filtering]
>
>On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 07:04:52PM +1200, Bernard wrote:
>> I would appreciate your help very much.
>
>Unless you turn off your braindead spam-filtering, you are not worth it.

It does matter to me how people value me in the context of my work.

However I have a job to do and it will get done anyway.

Meeting friendly people makes it a lot easier, and it appears that
there are plenty of friendly contributors on this list.

Try to learn from these friendly people instead of teaching me your
questionable values.

>Sorry, but you are asking help on a public list, think about it a bit...

Regards

Bernard