Regarding ERROR: fmgr_info: function 2720768: cache lookup failed

From: "soni de" <soni(dot)de(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Regarding ERROR: fmgr_info: function 2720768: cache lookup failed
Date: 2006-06-22 04:58:11
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hello,

I am getting following error while inserting a row into the "abc" table:

*ERROR: fmgr_info: function 2720768: cache lookup failed*

* *

Table "abc" has one trigger called "abct"

Definition is as follows:

BEGIN;

LOCK TABLE abc IN SHARE ROW EXCLUSIVE MODE;

create TRIGGER abct

AFTER INSERT OR DELETE on abc

FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE abc_function();

COMMIT;

abc_function() updates entry from the "xyz" table for every insert and
delete operations on table "abc".

"xyz" table maintains the count of total number of rows in table "abc"

Currently "abc" table contains 1000090 rows. And same count is available in
table "xyz".

But now I am not able to insert any records into the "abc" table because of
above mentioned error.

Please provide me some help regarding this.

Thanks,

Soni