Re: Takes too long to fetch the data from database

From: "soni de" <soni(dot)de(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Takes too long to fetch the data from database
Date: 2006-04-21 04:42:24
Lists: pgsql-performance

I don't want to query exactly 81900 rows into set. I just want to fetch 50
or 100 rows at a time in a decreasing order of stime.(i.e 50 or 100 rows
starting from last to end).

if we fetched sequentially, there is also problem in fetching all the
records (select * from wan where kname='pluto' order by stime) it is taking
more than 4~5 minutes. tried it on same table having more than 326054
records.