Re: ERROR: relation . . . does not exist

From: "Albretch Mueller" <lbrtchx(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ERROR: relation . . . does not exist
Date: 2008-08-30 13:26:44
Lists: pgsql-general
> I think you're confusing postgresql with a spreadsheet program.
 I wonder what makes you think so
> There are client programs which will do this for you, perhaps you wan one of those?
 Well, then obviously there is the need for it and you were not
successful enough at convincing these developers that they were
"confusing postgresql with a spreadsheet program"
> PostgreSQL has 60+ types and many look like eachother. How do you propose to differentiate?
 Data Types are basically about value ranges (how many bits do you
need to hold the value) and formatting. IMHO, finding an optimal
[im|ex]port reasoning among 60+ types should not be that much of a big
deal. In fact as a data analyst I have exported and imported CSV data
a whole lot and in many occasions it required some extra custom
coding. I may as well consolidate my code as a whole jcsvport library
in java and start an OS project when I find the time to so