Re: ERROR: relation . . . does not exist

From: "Albretch Mueller" <lbrtchx(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ERROR: relation . . . does not exist
Date: 2008-08-30 13:26:44
Lists: pgsql-general

> I think you're confusing postgresql with a spreadsheet program.
~
I wonder what makes you think so
~
> There are client programs which will do this for you, perhaps you wan one of those?
~
Well, then obviously there is the need for it and you were not
successful enough at convincing these developers that they were
"confusing postgresql with a spreadsheet program"
~
> PostgreSQL has 60+ types and many look like eachother. How do you propose to differentiate?
~
Data Types are basically about value ranges (how many bits do you
need to hold the value) and formatting. IMHO, finding an optimal
[im|ex]port reasoning among 60+ types should not be that much of a big
deal. In fact as a data analyst I have exported and imported CSV data
a whole lot and in many occasions it required some extra custom
coding. I may as well consolidate my code as a whole jcsvport library
in java and start an OS project when I find the time to so
~
lbrtchx