Re: Distributed database with PostgreSQL

From: "hubert depesz lubaczewski" <depesz(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "POLONKAI Gergely" <polesz(at)w00d5t0ck(dot)info>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Distributed database with PostgreSQL
Date: 2007-06-28 10:20:18
Lists: pgsql-admin
On 6/28/07, POLONKAI Gergely <polesz(at)w00d5t0ck(dot)info> wrote:

> hubert depesz lubaczewski írta:
> Actually, it is not replication we need, as all the nodes are equal, so
> there is no master server at all. I'm googling around now with these
> keywords tho, but I think this is not we need...

if the nodes are equal it's not the case that there is no master, but rather
- there are no slave nodes.
so it would look like a situation for multi-master replication.
unfortunately there is no such system yes for postgresql.there are some that
do things alike to multi-master replication, but none of them is full
multi-master replication system.
you can try your luck with pgpool/pgpool2 or sequoia.

depesz

--
http://www.depesz.com/ - nowy, lepszy depesz