Re: Distributed database with PostgreSQL

From: "hubert depesz lubaczewski" <depesz(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "POLONKAI Gergely" <polesz(at)w00d5t0ck(dot)info>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Distributed database with PostgreSQL
Date: 2007-06-28 08:42:54
Lists: pgsql-admin

On 6/28/07, POLONKAI Gergely <polesz(at)w00d5t0ck(dot)info> wrote:

> keywords), I ask here: is it possible to run one database on multiple
> servers, so all the nodes would see the same data?

what you're asking is replication, and i belive that if you do a simple
search on "postgresql replication" it will return a lot of results.

basic choice for postgresql replication is slony, but there are other (both
free and proprietary) options.

depesz

--
http://www.depesz.com/ - nowy, lepszy depesz