Re: Hardware for PostgreSQL

From: "Ericson Smith" <esconsult1(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hardware for PostgreSQL
Date: 2007-10-31 23:03:43
Lists: pgsql-performance

> > Who has built the biggest baddest Pg server out there and what do you
> > use?

In my last job we had a 360GB database running on a 8 way opteron with
32 Gigs of ram. Two of those beasts connected to a SAN for hot
failover purposes.

We did not have much web traffic, but tons of update/insert traffic,
millions per day actually on pretty hefty tables (column wise).

- Ericson Smith
http://www.funadvice.com