stringtype=unspecified problem

From: "Chris Gamache" <cgamache(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: stringtype=unspecified problem
Date: 2007-02-09 22:15:09
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
I'm setting stringtype=unspecified in my connection URL to allow
prepared statements to manipulate non-jdbc types as strings, since
jdbc seems to choke on them otherwise.

I'm running into a problem when I want to explicitly set one of those
unspecified types to NULL. It appears that jdbc is preparing that
statement using an empty string, which is causing PostgreSQL to
error-out on the execution of that statement.

The postgresql type in particular is the contrib type "uniqueidentifier" ...

I didn't want to file a bug report until I brought it up on the list
in case I'm overlooking something.

CG

pgsql-jdbc by date