Re: psqlODBC / install / WinXP

From: mattandmel(at)gmail(dot)com (Matt Ittigson)
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psqlODBC / install / WinXP
Date: 2004-07-23 23:48:03
Lists: pgsql-odbc

skendric(at)fhcrc(dot)org (Stuart Kendrick) wrote in message news:<Pine(dot)LNX(dot)4(dot)61(dot)0407230842090(dot)6916(at)vishnu(dot)fhcrc(dot)org>...
> right, ok, that's where i started, with only one 's' in the name. thanx
> anyway,

I found a hacky fix. If you create a key in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI named what you want the
datasource to be named which has some of string keys for the values (I
referenced the suggestions in the following url, but only did through
the ReadOnly entry) found here:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=psqlodbc+odbc.ini&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2coff=1&selm=03AF4E498C591348A42FC93DEA9661B884D2%40mail.vale-housing.co.uk&rnum=3

You can edit the settings using the GUI inside the ODBC Administrator.
The driver still doesn't appear in the Drivers list, but you can edit
the DSN as you see fit, through the GUI.

Good luck.