Re: Timestamp without timezone

From: "T(dot)J(dot) Adami" <adamitj(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Timestamp without timezone
Date: 2007-11-20 16:05:58
Lists: pgsql-general

On 20 nov, 12:35, regmeple(dot)(dot)(dot)(at)gmail(dot)com (Reg Me Please) wrote:
> Il Tuesday 20 November 2007 15:01:53 T.J. Adami ha scritto:
>

> > I'm using Microsoft Visual Foxpro 9 developing an ERP application,
> > using PostgreSQL 8.2.5 and ODBC connection in version 7.
>
> > If I upgrade my ODBC drivers to use "PostgreSQL ANSI", becomes an
> > error like this:
>
> > "function saldo_estoque("unknown", "unknown", "unknown", "unknown",
> > timestamp without time zone) does not exist"
>
> > However, the "unknown" types are BPCHAR on function "saldo_estoque",
> > and "timestamp without time zone" is DATE type.
>
> > How can I solve this?

> > http://archives.postgresql.org/
>
> It's very likely that you have to do some explici casting on all other
> paramter types, as the only one the DB has recognised is the last one,
> aka TIMESTAMPTZ.
>
> --
> Reg me Please
> <Non quietis maribus nauta>

> http://archives.postgresql.org/

It appears to be a VFP handling error, once I use parametrized calls
with memvars. This means that VFP will create SQL statement for me
translating variables into SQL values (something like
PreparedStatement on Java).
It's quite simple to make a explicit cast, but due to the size of
application, this will be not worth. ODBC driver version 7 is working
perfectly, but it's very old and I'm afraid of get some errors.
Assuming that PostgreSQL will increase it's versions (now on 8.3 beta
2), there is a need to upgrade the Windows ODBC driver to version 8?