PostgreSQL vs Oracle

From: "Victor Nawothnig" <victor(dot)nawothnig(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL vs Oracle
Date: 2008-12-21 08:17:46
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,

I am looking for some recent and hopefully genuine comparisons between
Oracle and PostgreSQL regarding their performance in large scale
applications. Tests from real world applications would be preferable
but not required. Also differentiations in different areas (i.e.
different data types, query structures, clusters, hardware, etc.)
might be helpful as well.

I don't trust the results that Google gives me.

Regards,
Victor Nawothnig