Re: Failover of the Primary database and starting the standby database in Postgresql in PITR configuraiton?

From: "libra dba" <libra(dot)dba(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: "Praveen Kumar (TUV)" <praveen(dot)k(at)renaissance-it(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Failover of the Primary database and starting the standby database in Postgresql in PITR configuraiton?
Date: 2008-02-19 14:23:20
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hello all,

Thanks for your response. The example shown by Charles Duffy, is quite
impressive. Actually i built my replication based on this.

But, i want to test the failover. In the example shown by Charles, mentions
'a trigger file' as it says:
*touch ~/pg82demo/trigger*
**
*This should immediately cause the slave to finish processing archived
segments, exit recovery mode, and come up ready for use.
*
what shold be the content of the trigger file. How do we cause the slave to
finish the processing of the archived segments, exit the recovery mode and
come up ready for use???

Please help in the the FAILOVER of the primary and promoting the slave to
the primary mode.

Thanks!