Next meeting planning

From: "Ian Bailey" <ian(at)hardcircle(dot)net>
To: torontopug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Next meeting planning
Date: 2008-06-24 18:01:59
Lists: torontopug
Hey TorontoPUG-ers,

I would like to thank those of you who came out to the meeting
yesterday. Those of us in attendance agreed on alternating a social
gathering with a more formal presentation-based format, which I'd like
to plan out on the mailing list.

Next month, on July 28th, we will have a meeting at my workplace at
the Nulogy offices (Queen and Bathurst area - more details to follow),
with 2-4 presentations of 15-20 minutes each. Ideally, I think at
least one 'newbie' topic and one 'advanced' topic would provide
something for everyone.

If you have an idea for a topic, please let me (or the mailing list)
know, and let me know what you're considering presenting. I know Steve
Singer had a couple of ideas, and I would be willing to a presentation
on some of the tweakable parameters in PostgreSQL. I think there's
quite a bit of interest in replication and GIS, if anyone wants to
take either of those on.

The other thing I'd like to do it get more people to show up, both to
raise awareness of PostgreSQL, and to build a larger community. I've
identified a MySQL users group (http://mysql.meetup.com/10/) that we
might be able to talk with, let's try to look out for other groups as
well. Try to mention our group to any events or groups you visit over
the next month or so, and point them to our page and/or mailing list.

I look forward to seeing all of you next month!

~Ian Bailey
http://pugs.postgresql.org/torontopug

torontopug by date

Next:From: Ian BaileyDate: 2008-06-24 18:19:00