Re: help with query: advanced ORDER BY...

From: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)myrealbox(dot)com>
To: "me(at)alternize(dot)com> <me(at)alternize(dot)com" <me(at)alternize(dot)com>
Cc: "Michael Fuhr" <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>, <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: help with query: advanced ORDER BY...
Date: 2006-01-15 03:36:17
Lists: pgsql-novice
On Jan 15, 2006, at 11:15 , <me(at)alternize(dot)com> <me(at)alternize(dot)com> wrote:

> the movie schedules for theatres normally contains the information
> theater_id, screen_date, screen_time, screen_number, movie_name and
> should be outputed accordingly. it now happens to have some cinema
> multiplex owners who for some reasons do not want to publish the
> screen_number to the public - but the internal data we receive does
> contain that information.

Something you may consider doing is creating a view that masks the
screen_number in those cases, something like

create view schedule_public_view as
select theater_id
	, screen_date
	, screen_time
	, case when no_screen_number then 0 else screen_number  end as
screen_number
	, movie_name
from schedules;

Michael Glaesemann