Re: Problem with Large objects of .gif&.asp

From: John DeSoi <desoi(at)pgedit(dot)com>
To: sandhya <sandhyar(at)amiindia(dot)co(dot)in>
Cc: "Postgres" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem with Large objects of .gif&.asp
Date: 2006-04-26 13:40:59
Lists: pgsql-admin
On Apr 26, 2006, at 6:46 AM, sandhya wrote:

> I have loaded all my files into the database.Files has to open like
> ( html,asp,js,gif etc pages) from the database via a
> webserver.Please explain me whether there will be any problem if i
> open .asp ,.gif files from the DB.
> How to know whether the files what we have loaded into the database
> as large objects are correctly holding the data or not.
> Bocz, I have loaded few .gif files into the DB but when i exported
> it and checked the size , the size of what i have loaded and what i
> am getting is entirely different.
> Please tell me whether Postgres supports for all the files to load
> into DB and retrieve it.

PostgreSQL supports storing files just fine as large objects or in
bytea columns. I think bytea columns are easier to use if you just
want to store and retrieve entire files. If you are not getting the
same file back out, you need to look at your client setup especially
encoding issues.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL