logging problem on OS X

From: Kirk Wythers <kwythers(at)umn(dot)edu>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: logging problem on OS X
Date: 2011-01-19 14:52:45
Lists: pgadmin-support

Does anyone know where the directory path for logging files comes from, under "Options -> Logging"? I have a newly downloaded binary of pgadmin (1.12), that defaults to an old user that does not exist on my machine. Any attempt to reset the path with the browse command causes pgadmin to crash/quit.

I am getting the "can't write logfile" message when I try and connect to my server. However, I have already set the listen address parameter to "*", and added 0.0.0.0/24 md5 to pg_hba.conf file. When I noticed the directory path issue, I wondered if that could be part of the problem. The user name is an old user that does not exist on the system anymore. There must be a file somewhere that was not deleted when I tossed the old version of pgadmin.

I am running OS X 10.6.x postgresql 9.x and have tried pgadmin 1.12.2 and 1.12.1