Problem with psql frontend

From: "Sullivan,Deric [CMC]" <Deric(dot)Sullivan(at)ec(dot)gc(dot)ca>
To: "'pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Sullivan,Deric [CMC]" <Deric(dot)Sullivan(at)ec(dot)gc(dot)ca>
Subject: Problem with psql frontend
Date: 2002-03-19 15:25:58
Lists: pgsql-bugs

                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name               :	Deric Sullivan
Your email address      :	Deric(dot)Sullivan(at)ec(dot)gc(dot)ca

System Configuration
  Architecture (example: Intel Pentium)         :	Intel Pentium 4
  Operating System (example: Linux 2.0.26 ELF)  :	Linux 2.4.2-2 (from
Red Hat 7.1)
  PostgreSQL version (example: PostgreSQL-7.1.1):   PostgreSQL-7.2
  Compiler used (example:  gcc 2.95.2)          :	I used RPMs so I
didn't compile with gcc (although I have gcc 2.96)

When using the psql frontend, and attempting to use the command line
completion feature, psql will terminate.  I get the following error message
on the terminal where the feature was attempted:

teststats=# CRpsql: relocation error: psql: undefined symbol:

where teststats is the name of my database and "CR" are the first two
letters of the command CREATE.  I pressed tab right after CR and that is
when psql terminated and returned me to my shell prompt.  Not sure if it's
related, but when I'm returned to my shell prompt the keys that I type are
no longer echoed.

The feature used to work with PostgreSQL 7.1.

Please describe a way to repeat the problem.   Please try to provide a

I can reproduce it everytime.  Just press tab after typing CR.

If you know how this problem might be fixed, list the solution below:

I don't know.

Deric Sullivan
Environment Canada
Canadian Meteorological Centre
National Network Management
email (SMTP):	Deric(dot)Sullivan(at)ec(dot)gc(dot)ca

pgsql-bugs by date