Re: BUG #4996: postgres.exe memory consumption keeps going up

From: "WANGRUNGVICHAISRI, SHIVESH" <sbw(at)appsig(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Craig Ringer" <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
Subject: Re: BUG #4996: postgres.exe memory consumption keeps going up
Date: 2009-08-26 01:25:50
Lists: pgsql-bugspgsql-hackers
Hi,

I have uploaded everything that you should need here:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/ah334c6/n/Pgsql_Leak_zip

The zip file contains a readme.txt file that will explain everything.

Please note that if you want to see that the test program itself is not leaking, then change every occurrence of #if 1 that you find (there are 2 of them) to #if 0, and re-run the program. The memory consumption of the test program will stay constant.

My hypothesis is that we are doing the queries too fast for the OS to free up the memory, but that's just my hypothesis.

Please let me know what you find.

Thanks,

S.