Re: int4/int8 problem with jdbc was Re: "Fix" for INT8 literals

From: Jan Heise <jan(at)janheise(dot)de>
To: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: int4/int8 problem with jdbc was Re: "Fix" for INT8 literals
Date: 2004-06-02 11:47:24
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

oliver, thanks for your reply.

the db in question is a 7.4 site in production. upgrading to another
version is not really what i'd like
to do. the explicit cast is problematic too, i'm using hibernate as my
orm. unless i missed something
in the docs, i can not add the cast to the config - but this is sth.
for the hibernate forums.

the problem is a special case where i have to load objects from the
table in question by the pk
(details would be quite long, but i can not change the table-structure
at this time). table size is
approx. 120 million rows and approx 2 million rows have a pk <
INT4_MAX. so i think my only
option is dropping the foreign keys, making the pks and all references
bigger than INT4_MAX
and recreate the fk.

jan