Re: ENABLE / DISABLE ALL TRIGGERS IN DATABASE

From: "Teemu Juntunen" <teemu(dot)juntunen(at)e-ngine(dot)fi>
To: "PostgreSQL" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ENABLE / DISABLE ALL TRIGGERS IN DATABASE
Date: 2008-08-27 09:21:12
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I made the function myself. Here is it, if anyone else has a need for this.

Teemu

/* Enable/disable all the triggers in database */
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION fn_triggerall(DoEnable boolean) RETURNS integer AS
$BODY$
DECLARE
mytables RECORD;
BEGIN
FOR mytables IN SELECT relname FROM pg_class WHERE reltriggers > 0 AND NOT relname LIKE 'pg_%'
LOOP
IF DoEnable THEN
EXECUTE 'ALTER TABLE ' || mytables.relname || ' ENABLE TRIGGER ALL';
ELSE
EXECUTE 'ALTER TABLE ' || mytables.relname || ' DISABLE TRIGGER ALL';
END IF;
END LOOP;

RETURN 1;

END;
$BODY$
LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE;
ALTER FUNCTION fn_triggerall(DoEnable boolean) OWNER TO postgres;
COMMENT ON FUNCTION fn_triggerall(DoEnable boolean) IS 'Enable/disable all the triggers in database';