Lost Data. Need to get back with pg_control - pg_xlog

From: "Wang, Mary Y" <mary(dot)y(dot)wang(at)boeing(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Lost Data. Need to get back with pg_control - pg_xlog
Date: 2002-04-16 02:26:15
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,
I am running Postgresql 7.1.3. The machine that the database server is on
got rebooted accidentally. After I started the server, the data in tables
are gone. I heard some thing about possibly get the data back with pg_xlog
by using pg_control. Can anyone provides the instructions of how do it?

Any help is greatly appreciated! I really need to get the data back. By
the way, I didn't do the pg_dump for the sql dump. Hopefully, the pg_xlog
and pg_control can may be get my data back. I learned my lesson not using
the pg_dump tool to back up the file.

Thank in advance.
Mary

Mary