Re: running two servers on one machine

From: Eric Smith <eric_h_smith(at)mac(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Adrian Klaver <aklaver(at)comcast(dot)net>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: running two servers on one machine
Date: 2009-03-31 00:43:12
Lists: pgsql-general
That's it!

Log file says "could not create shared memory segment".  It also says
that I should change max_connections or shared_buffers.

Error message claims that max_connections is 23, but postgresql.conf
has this listed as 20.
Error message claims that shared_buffers is 300, but postgresql.conf
has this listed as 2400kB.

What the heck is going on here?  (no, the lines in the conf file are
not commented out).  How do I enforce the conf file entries?

Thanks,
Eric