Label Security

From: James Taylor <jtx(at)hatesville(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Label Security
Date: 2004-01-26 20:45:40
Lists: pgsql-sql

I'm migrating an Oracle 9 database over to Postgres 7.3.4, and just ran
into something I've never seen before (honestly, due to my lack of
experience in Oracle) and was curious if
Postgres supported anything similar. The DBA that set up Oracle
appears to have enabled Oracle Label Security, which looks as though it
offers per-row security levels. So, say we have the table
'test', user 'Nancy' does a "select * from test" and only will be
shown rows she has permission to. Joe will get the same, and the
superuser can see everything. Does Postgres offer anything like this,
maybe even through third party software