pg_dump ERROR .......

From: agichen(at)kimo(dot)com
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_dump ERROR .......
Date: 2001-03-28 12:07:31
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hello,gurus

  I find that u reply a topic about "Backend sent D message without prior
T"
  problem on usenet, I think u can help me.
  I'm new in PostgreSQL, I need to dump a table to another one, so I issue
the

  pg_dump command.
  but after I execute pg_dump -adt member db1 > /tmp/member.sql
                           ( member table about 180000 rows)
  I got the error message "Backend sent D message without prior T"

 my environment ( 7.0.2 on Compaq Alpha Tru64 Unix)
 options are:
 /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster
-p 5432
-D /var/db/pgsql
-B 256
-b /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres
-i
-N 128
-S

before I launch pg_dump, I have about 120M free memory,
but after 2-3 seconds, I got :
Backend sent D message without prior T
Backend sent D message without prior T
Backend sent D message without prior T