Database conversion type serial question

From: Carol Walter <walterc(at)indiana(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Database conversion type serial question
Date: 2008-03-14 15:05:57
Lists: pgsql-admin
I'm converting a database developed by a group of students from
Oracle to Postgres.  There are fields that should be primary keys
using sequences.  I can get the primary keys designated but when I
try to change the type from integer to serial I get an error saying
that 'type "serial" does not exist.  Can I designate a column not
previously defined as serial to serial.  It was a sequence on the
Oracle database that I'm converting it from.

Carol

pgsql-admin by date