RE: Has anybody compiled .c file generated from .pgc file

From: "Riebs, Andy" <Andy(dot)Riebs(at)compaq(dot)com>
To: "'Chandra Sekhar (dot) K'" <csekhar(at)cisco(dot)com>, pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: Has anybody compiled .c file generated from .pgc file
Date: 2000-11-06 16:08:50
Lists: pgsql-ports

> I have been trying to run a sample code for postgreSQL
> database. I just want to create a database and do simple
> insertion and extraction of the inserted data. I have
> created .pgc file and am able to generate .c file using
> ecpg but I am stuck with gcc , not able to create the
> binary from .c file.

Use a Makefile to specify the locations of the libraries,
such as...

-----snip-----
SRCDIR=../postgres/src
CFLAGS+=-I$(SRCDIR)/include
CFLAGS+=-I$(SRCDIR)/interfaces/libpq
CFLAGS+=-I$(SRCDIR)/interfaces/ecpg/include
LIBPQDIR=$(SRCDIR)/interfaces/libpq
LIBECPGDIR=$(SRCDIR)/interfaces/ecpg/lib
LDFLAGS+=-L$(LIBPQDIR) -lpq
LDFLAGS+=-L$(LIBECPGDIR) -lecpg
LDFLAGS+=-g
%.c : %.pgc
ecpg -t -o $@ $<

/andy

---
Andy Riebs, andy(dot)riebs(at)compaq(dot)com Alpha Technology Solutions Group
978-506-6628, fax 978-506-6524 Compaq Computer Corporation
(h) andy(at)freckles(dot)mv(dot)com <http://www.linuxalpha.compaq.com>