robust way of moving tables to a different disk??

From: Sam Mortimer <samm(at)netservicesplc(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: robust way of moving tables to a different disk??
Date: 2004-12-15 15:40:41
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hello,

I'd like to move some tables from a particular database onto a different set
of disks.  However, I can't see any robust way of achieving this.  I've
tried using symlinks but these can easily be broken by a mixture of "vacuum
full" and growing the table again (assuming the table is large enough to
span multiple files).  We can handle a solution that breaks when the table
is dropped and recreated, that's a special enough case enough to be managed.

Any ideas welcome!

Regards,
-Sam.

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Jodi KanterDate: 2004-12-15 16:01:11