Strange behaviour of trigger functions when initiated via jdbc

From: Sebastian Schuette <schuette(at)wapcommunications(dot)de>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Strange behaviour of trigger functions when initiated via jdbc
Date: 2001-07-11 08:52:05
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hello!

We are evaluating postgres 7.1 and the beta jdbc-driver and found some irritating problem:

There are some trigger functions registered in the database that create records in a log table, when a record in a datatable gets changed.
If we change records of the datatable via psql or via pgaccess everything works fine. If we change records of the datatable via jdbc, only some of the trigger functions get executed and some not (but the changed records appear in the database).

Does the jdbc driver has something to do with triggering?

Thanks in advance

Sebastian Schütte
MEDIAonAIR Technologies GmbH
Wittekindstr. 105
44139 Dortmund
Tel: +49 231 10 87 991
Fax: +49 231 10 87 992

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: Steve SAUTETNERDate: 2001-07-11 09:36:54