TPC-R benchmarks

From: Oleg Lebedev <oleg(dot)lebedev(at)waterford(dot)org>
To: "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: TPC-R benchmarks
Date: 2003-09-25 19:40:12
Lists: pgsql-performance
I am running TPC-R benchmarks with a scale factor of 1, which correspond
to approximately 1 GB database size on PostgreSQL 7.3.4 installed on
CygWin on Windows XP. I dedicated 128 MB of shared memory to my postrges
installation.
Most of the queries were able to complete in a matter of minutes, but
query 17 was taking hours and hours. The query is show below. Is there
any way to optimize it ?

select
 sum(l_extendedprice) / 7.0 as avg_yearly
from
 lineitem,
 part
where
 p_partkey = l_partkey
 and p_brand = 'Brand#11'
 and p_container = 'SM PKG'
 and l_quantity < (
  select
   0.2 * avg(l_quantity)
  from
   lineitem
  where
   l_partkey = p_partkey
 );

Thanks.

Oleg

This e-mail may contain privileged or confidential material intended for the named recipient only.
If you are not the named recipient, delete this message and all attachments.
Unauthorized reviewing, copying, printing, disclosing, or otherwise using information in this e-mail is prohibited.
We reserve the right to monitor e-mail sent through our network.

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: Jenny ZhangDate: 2003-09-25 21:32:35