Re: PG_DUMP fails to load back in

From: Rob Brown-Bayliss <rob(at)ZOOstation(dot)cc>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PGSQL Novice List <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PG_DUMP fails to load back in
Date: 2001-06-06 07:45:31
Lists: pgsql-novice

On 02 Jun 2001 10:06:41 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Rob Brown-Bayliss <rob(at)ZOOstation(dot)cc> writes:
> > Most tables have part of there primary key set via a function that looks
> > up data from a local table. But, pgdump is putting the functions at the
> > end of the list so it's not there when the table is created.
>
> Try 7.1.

Well I downloaded the redhat 7.1 rpms from the postgres ftp site for
postgresql 7.1.1 but the failed to install as the rpms wanted to remove
libpq.so.2 which they also need. I forced the issue and then coppied
the libpq stuff from another machine and tried to upgrade as per the
instructions - which failed, and then found the the postmaster can not
be shut down either.

So I am currently downgrading to 7.0.3 and awaiting enlightenment...

Are the rpm's from postgres broken?

--

Rob Brown-Bayliss