Re: [GENERAL] FW: inheritance of functions

From: "Aaron J(dot) Seigo" <aaron(at)gtv(dot)ca>
To: Andrzej Mazurkiewicz <andrzej(dot)mazurkiewicz(at)polkomtel(dot)com(dot)pl>, "'pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org'" <pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] FW: inheritance of functions
Date: 1999-10-27 15:39:10
Lists: pgsql-general
hi...

> >  Postgres automatically allows the created table to inherit functions on
> > tables above it in the inheritance hierarchy.
> > create table A (
> > .
> > .
> > );
> >
> > create function F ...
> >
> > create table B (
> > ..
> > ) inherits (A);
> >
> > Now I assume that I can somehow use function F on table B

you would be able to use function F on table B even if it didn't inherit A.

however, if you construct rules, triggers, etc... on table A, these should be
inherited by table B.

the manual is, as far as my experience has led me to believe, referring to
functions "bound" (for lack of a better word) to the parent table....

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Sys Admin