Re: [INTERFACES] PostgreSQL JDBC with StarOffice

From: "Fabio(dot)di(dot)Fabio" <Lmib(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Peter Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] PostgreSQL JDBC with StarOffice
Date: 1999-10-21 18:29:05
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On gio, 21 ott 1999, Peter Mount wrote:
>On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Fabio.di.Fabio wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to connect to a PostgreSQL database via the
>> JDBC-PostgreSQL interface in StarOffice, but I got a error when I try
>> to create a table. Any suggestion?
>
>Not yet, although I am looking at it at the moment.

ok thanks,

for completeness my system is LinuxSuse6.2 with PostgreSQL 6.4.x and
StarOffice5.1, jdk1.1.7 from blackdown

these are my steps:

first I've created a database called "provasoffice" with pgaccess.
Then I've set the classpath with postgresql.jar.
>From StarOffice File->New Database, in the dialog box I've choosen
JDBC for the type, and in the JDBC preferences I've set:

JDBC Class Driver: postgresql.jar
my user name and my login

after when I try to create a new table I get this error:

ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "("

ciao,
Fabio