Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC Driver for Linux

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: "Joseph A(dot) Martin" <martinja(at)ice-works(dot)com>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC Driver for Linux
Date: 1999-10-16 00:53:01
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
On Fri, 15 Oct 1999, Joseph A. Martin wrote:
> Hello,
> 	I need an ODBC driver that I can run under Linux. I am running
> PostgreSQL 6.5.1 on a Mandrake 6.0. I have tried the driver that is
> distributed under the filename pgodbc-0.11.tgz. I have also seen on
> the PostODBC home page that its source has been ported to Linux. I
> downloaded the source code and could find no Linux build instructions
> or makefiles. Where can I find a Linux ODBC driver for PostgreSQL?

You may want to consider trying the RPM set released for RedHat 6.1 --
available for RedHat 6.0 on my website, www.ramifordistat.net.  The set, which
is 6.5.2-1, should work fine under Mandrake 6.0. The ODBC driver is included in
the set by default -- I have not as of yet set it up myself, but I do need to
do so for StarOffice shortly.  If you try it, let me know how it goes.

Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio