Re: [INTERFACES] PL_na undeclared

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, John Cusick <jcusick(at)exotrope(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] PL_na undeclared
Date: 1999-09-28 00:07:58
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Tom Lane wrote:
> We've heard reports of that before. Apparently, the low-level
> interfaces to Perl have changed incompatibly in the recent past
> (between 5.004 something and 5.005 something I think).

I am no Perl guru, but I have successfully built and tested the perl client
from 6.5.2 against perl 5.00503, which shipped with RedHat 6.0. No hoops
needed (except a patch to the interfaces makefile to change perl5 Makefile.pl
to perl Makefile.pl The key is to build the perl client on the same version as
it will be run against.

Results of running the perl client test script test.pl:
bash$ perl test.pl
Pg::conndefaults ........ ok
Pg::connectdb ........... ok
$conn->exec ............. ok
$conn->errorMessage ..... ok
$conn->db ............... ok
$conn->user ............. ok
$conn->port ............. ok
$conn->cmdStatus ........ ok
$conn->oidStatus ........ ok
$conn->getline .......... ok
$conn->endcopy .......... ok
$result->cmdTuples ...... ok
$result->fname .......... ok
$result->ftype .......... ok
$result->fsize .......... ok
$result->fnumber ........ ok
$result->fetchrow ....... ok
test sequence finished.

Perl and perl-client versions:

bash$ rpm -qa|grep perl
perl-5.00503-2
postgresql-perl-6.5.2-1
bash$

postgresql-perl-6.5.2-1 and it's non-beta brothers will be released in a few
days, once I've put it through some more hoops. This is the set that, barring
any more bugs in the init and upgrading scripts, will be released with RedHat
6.1 on an undisclosed date ;-).

Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio
1 Peter 4:11