Re: [INTERFACES] Still have problem with single quotation mark

From: Andreas Theofilu <theofilu(at)eunet(dot)at>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Still have problem with single quotation mark
Date: 1999-09-14 05:47:24
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Am Mo, 13 Sep 1999 schrieben Sie:
> On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, you wrote:
> >Hi to all,
> >
> >There is still a problem with the single quotation mark (') inside a
> >string, when this string is inserted into the database and one uses 'ecpg'.
> >Someone on this list told me, that I should precede a ' with a second '
> >('').
>
> This is incorrect. You quote apostrophes with the backslash, so if my string
> was "that's", I would represent it as "that\'s"

It would be nice if I could do so, but at least with 'ecpg' I can't realy
do this. As already written, if I quote the apostrophes with a backslash
(that\'s), I get the run time error "too many arguments in line xxx". The
same happens if I don't quote at all. Only quoting the apostrophe with an
apostrophe gives no runtime error, but then I have the two apostrophes in
the database. This is not what I expected.
While playing around with ecpg I'm sure now, that 'ecpg' does something
wrong here. The problem is in the library 'libecpg.so'. I will try to find
out the error...
--
Theofilu Andreas
http://members.eunet.at/theofilu